Friday 23rd April. One foot out the door!
Tonight's my last night in the little loft that's been home to me for the last three months. I'm taking my boss (and her husband!) to the pub for a few beers tonight to say thanks for looking after me, and for making me feel like one of the family. I wish I could've stayed to help with the finishing touches as the renovation nears completion, but when ya gotta go, ya gotta go! Although I've had itchy feet for some time now, tomorrow will still be an emotional farewell for me (maybe not for them; I think they've got a party organized for the minute I walk out the drive!) since this really has felt like home for me through the cold English winter. I hope Keith and Chris know how much I appreciate it.
To celebrate, I've uploaded my first The Savage Files videoclip, not real rivetting stuff, but a test run to see how it's going to work, and a sign of a fresh start as the project enters another phase. I'd meant to start posting short clips ages ago, but there only ever seems to be twenty-four hours in a day! If anyone wants to assist me with my next few video clips (editing, splicing, maximizing the quality, adding soundtracks etc.) I'd welcome the help. Readers have suggested that I should post regular videoclips of my travels in a separate 'password-protected' section of the site, and charge a 'membership' fee to view them. Now that I have no income, that could be one way to help offset the cost of this new laptop, and the continuing expense of running this website. Even though I've got free storage space for my photos- courtesy of a very generous reader in Canada- I still get charged every month for 'exceeding my bandwidth allowance'. The more popular the site becomes, the more it costs me! Don't start panicking now though; anyone who's made a donation in the past, or hosted me during my travels, will have automatic access to the movies. I'm not that mean!
Meanwhile, here's something to make you chuckle:
WAYS TO MAINTAIN A HEALTHY LEVEL OF INSANITY:
1. At Lunch Time, Sit In Your Parked Car With Sunglasses on and Point A Hair Dryer At Passing Cars. See If They Slow Down.
2. Page Yourself Over The Intercom. Don't Disguise Your Voice.
3. Every Time Someone Asks You To Do Something, Ask If They Want Fries with That.
4. Put Your Garbage Can On Your Desk And Label It "In."
5. Put Decaf In The Coffee Maker For 3 Weeks. Once Everyone Has Gotten Over Their Caffeine Addictions, Switch To Expresso.
6. In The Memo Field Of All Your Checks, Write "For Sexual Favors"
7. Finish All Your Sentences With "In Accordance With The Prophecy."
8. Don't Use Any Punctuation
9. As Often As Possible, Skip Rather Than Walk.
10. Ask People What Sex They Are. Laugh Hysterically After They Answer.
11. Specify That Your Drive-through Order Is "To Go."
12. Go To A Poetry Recital and Ask Why The Poems Don't Rhyme.
13. Put Mosquito Netting Around Your Work Area And Play Tropical Sounds All Day.
14. Five Days In Advance, Tell Your Friends You Can't Attend Their Party Because You're Not In The Mood.
15. When The Money Comes Out of The ATM, Scream, "I Won!, I Won!"
16. When Leaving The Zoo, Start Running Towards The Parking Lot, Yelling "Run For Your Lives, They're Loose!!"
17. Tell Your Children Over Dinner. "Due To The Economy, We Are Going To Have To Let One Of You Go."
18. Copy this and email it to someone to make them smile... It's called Therapy.